Monday, February 21, 2011

The beginning must be EPIC

Engineering is the discipline, art and profession of acquiring and applying technical, scientific, and mathematical knowledge to design and implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems, and processes that safely realize a desired objective or invention.  

Or stated otherwise, engineering is making the stuff makes the unattainable attainable.  I am fascinated by this entire field, whether it's printing skin, building boat lifts, visiting the sun, turning a desert into a greenbelt, or making everything more and more efficient to the point that it's near perfect.  That's one of the biggest reasons for creating this blog.  I just wanted a place where I could display what I find to be the most interesting in the world.  I'll also include stuff about sports since I'm loving the sport scene at this time, notably football and baseball.  Since I live in the Denver metropolitan area, I'll most likely cover Denver sports and the entire sport as a whole.

If you're into engineering and sports than let me know what kind of stuff you'd like to see me cover here and I'll put that into consideration.

Additional reading about stuff mentioned in this post:
Printing skin
Boat Lift w/video also: home page
Turning a desert into greenbelt

No comments:

Post a Comment